Fermenting For Beginners - Pickles
A beginner fermenter course and the first step to making fermented foods.
This is the first step to making fermented foods at home.
This course will teach you how to make basic fermented veggies aka pickles. I love to teach my students this method of fermentation first, because it's the easiest and the most fun.
Brine pickling is one of the simplest methods to make fermented vegetables. Carrots, cucumbers, radishes, green beans, squash, beets and numerous other vegetables are submerged under salt water with spices to ferment.
Brines can be flavored with many spices and herbs, like garlic, dill, peppercorns, juniper berries, bay leaves, ginger, turmeric, mustard, and more.
I promise that once you learn this method of making fermented foods you'll want to pickle every vegetable that comes across your counter.
This course was made for the beginner fermenter.
It’s for you if you’re new to making fermented foods or you’ve made fermented foods before but didn’t like the results.
- You’re afraid you won’t be able to tell your ferments are spoiled
- You’re afraid of making yourself sick
- Have no idea how to begin
- You’ve tried to make a batch of fermented veggies, but you were too afraid to try it Or you threw it out because it looked weird
By the end of this course you'll
- Be confident in making your own fermented vegetables at home.
- Be able to tell the difference between a good ferment and a spoiled one.
- Start experiencing the benefits of eating fermented foods.
- You may even see improvements in your health.
Here's what the course will cover
- 10 video lessons showing you how to make lacto-fermented vegetables aka pickles.
- Clear instructions set you up for success, including printable worksheets.
- Bonuses include a troubleshooting guide and printable mason jar labels.
- Exclusive access to our FB community.
- Access across all devices.
StartLesson 1: Intro To Brine Pickling (2:03)
StartLesson 2: Tools You Need To Make Pickles (1:05)
StartLesson 3: How To Make Pickles (Demo) (5:28)
StartLesson 4: How To Tell Your Pickles Are Fermenting (1:13)
StartLesson 5: Tips For Crunchy Pickles (5:50)
StartLesson 6: Common Mistakes & How To Avoid Them (3:18)
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
I know how frustrating making fermented foods for the first time can be. When I started making fermented foods several years ago to improve my digestive issues and autoimmune disease, I found the recipes were lacking instructions and confusing.
When I tried making sauerkraut the first few times, I failed miserably and had tons of questions while attempting it.
I didn’t want people to go through the frustrating process I went through so I started Fermented Food Lab to provide detailed instructions using simple methods and to offer support to beginners.
I found that the majority of people are visual learners and have more success if they can see the process demonstrated.
I created this video course to make it even easier for you to begin making delicious, fermented foods at home.
I look forward to meeting you.
Danielle Ramirez is an expert in fermentation and founder of FermentedFoodLab.com.
She has helped thousands of people make fermented foods using her simple methods and unique recipes.